Here are a few of the questions we get asked most at Blue Moon Lavender. Please contact us directly if your question isn’t answered here.
How many cups of lavender buds are in a pound? How many sachets will a pound of lavender flower buds fill?
A pound of our premium dried Lavender buds averages just over 14 cups. How many sachets you can fill will depend on the size of sachet and how full you want them to be? Small wedding toss sachets (3” x 4”) take about a 1/3 cup of lavender, so a pound of lavender buds will fill 40 of the small toss sachets.
We no longer ship fresh Lavender. Fresh Lavender is beautiful but doesn’t transport well, and we won’t ship out anything that we can’t guarantee will arrive in perfect condition.
Not every lavender works well for cooking. You should never cook with lavender purchased from a florist or as it might have been sprayed with chemicals.
We choose Lavandula Angustifolia “Royal Purple” for our culinary lavender for its sweet smell and lack of harsh overtones.
We are open Monday – Friday, and orders received Monday – Thursday are shipped out the following day. Orders received Friday before 3pm are shipped out on Friday, and any orders received after 3 on Friday or over the weekend are shipped out on Monday. Most products are shipped 1st class USPS, – we ship single and double dried bouquets priority mail in triangular boxes. You can specify alternate shipping and expedited delivery on checkout.
Custom orders vary and it is best to contact us directly regarding shipping and processing time.
Lavender is one of the most gentle and versatile essential oils. It is used in a wide array of skin and hair care products as well as pain relievers, cleaning products and more.
Lavender essential oil can bring clarity, peace of mind and emotional balance. It is frequently used to treat insomnia, depression, stress and worry.
- Aching Muscles: Soak in a warm bath with Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender.
- Acne: It inhibits the bacteria that cause skin infection and helps to rebalance the over-secretion of sebum. Add a couple of drops to your toner or face cream.
- Cuts and burns: Apply neat to soothe pain, prevent bacterial infection and aid in scar free healing.
- Earache: Warm a bottle of lavender oil in hot water, and then gently massage a few drops into the skin around the ear. A little olive oil can be mixed with a few drops of essential oil and used in the same way for babies and small children.
- Fatigue: A few drops of essential oil added to a hot foot bath relaxes one instantly. The soles of the feet absorb the therapeutic properties of lavender very quickly, creating a soothing effect throughout the body.
- Faintness: Create your own smelling salts with sea salt, lavender oil, peppermint oil and basil oil.
- Moths: Hang lavender sachets on your coat hangers or keep them among your sweaters. Refresh them with a drop or two of essential oil from time to time.
- Mosquitoes: Spray lavender water over your body to prevent bites, dab neat essential oil on a cotton ball and place on your window sill to repel insects from entering and if you have a bite, apply directly to soothe itching.
- Stress: Spritz yourself throughout the day with Lavender water and apply neat oil to your temples.
- Sunburn: Spray lavender water directly onto the skin to soothe the burn, or soak in a tepid bath with a few drops of pure essential oil added.
Lavender can be used in so many ways for weddings, from wedding toss and favors to bouquets and so much more that we created this list of 17 ways you can incorporate lavender in your wedding.
17 Ways to Use Lavender for Your Wedding
1. Flower girls can strew dried lavender buds down the aisle; they will look pretty and fill the space with a lovely scent. When the bridesmaids and Bride follow even more fragrance is released as they step on the strewn buds. Later, the buds just vacuum up and even refresh the vacuum cleaner.
2. Tuck Lavender buds in the ring bearer’s pillow. The pillow can later be placed on your bed to hold the memory and freshen your linens.
3. Lavender bouquets, either dried or fresh can be tied with big bows at each pew or row of chairs. Lavender stems can be cut to any length and made just the right size to work with the bow.
4. A custom Unity or Promise Candle can be made with lavender and soy wax to light at the wedding and enjoy for future anniversaries…
5. Lavender fresh or dried can be used in brides and bridesmaids bouquets and boutonnieres.
6. Lavender buds can be handed out to guests in little drawstring bags to toss at the departing Bride and Groom. It is a soft and fragrant toss that cleans up easier and is more fragrant than rice.
At the Reception
7. Place cards or place settings with small dried lavender flowers, or mini bouquets are lovely and aromatic and also become an inexpensive keepsake.
8. Centerpieces with fresh or dried lavender look lovely in sizes from bud vases to large arrangements.
9. Small votive lavender soy candles burn clean and will add more fragrance to the celebration
10. Culinary Lavender can enhance the food and beverage served at the Reception. Many delicious recipes are available to make lavender scented Cakes, ice cream, cookies and punch. A sprig of lavender in a glass of champagne makes a wonderful aperitif, for example.
Special Gifts for the Bride and Groom and the Wedding Party
11. Sachets and scented hangers for wedding party gifts.
12. A special customized aromatherapy blend can be designed for the Bride and Groom and can remain their special custom fragrance, or be shared with the wedding party or guests
After the Wedding
13. Store your wedding gown in a cloth bag or a large box with acid free paper and tuck in a lavender sachet to keep mustiness and moths away.
14. Tuck lavender sachets into your shoes to keep them looking new and fresh.
15. Rub those aching feet with Lavender Peppermint foot salve, and then enjoy a bath with soothing lavender tub tea.
16. Tuck a sachet into your pillowcase for a long night’s sleep.
17. Send guests a thank you note with dried lavender stems applied to stationary.
Absolutely! We have many options for personalizing something special for you. We also create unique products and packaging for your wedding, anniversary, event, or business . Please contact us for more information.
We do sell many of our products wholesale; contact us directly for more information.